WEST HENDRED PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement 1st July 2018
2. West Hendred Parish Council has declared itself exempt from a limited assurance review because it's income and expenditure is less than £25,000.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Julia Evans, Clerk/RFO
commencing on __Monday 2nd July 2018 _______________________
and ending on ___Friday 10th August 2018 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
Moore Stephens, (Ref SW/cc)
Rutland House, Minerva Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough
5. This announcement is made by _______Julia Evans, Clerk/RFO_________
Accounting Statements Prior to year ending 31 March 2014 are available from the Clerk.
A charge of £1.50 will be made of hard copies of previous year's statements